Many of the artwork files we receive require adjustment before they can be used for screen printing, some need to be re-created altogether. Our guidelines are suggestions to help you avoid additional art charges and/or an extended turn around time.
Preferred Artwork Submission Method
Our in-house art department works primarily in Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.
- Please provide digital files whenever possible and include a print out or .jpg image of your file for reference
- Adobe Illustrator files (.ai, vector artwork) are preferred
- All fonts should be converted to paths (outlines) Non-converted fonts may be replaced with a similar font, unless the font file is provided
- Any raster images should be embedded or included separately
Preferred File Format
Acceptable File Formats
Fonts must be converted prior to artwork submission to insure accuracy. Failure to convert fonts may result in Precision Imprint choosing a similar font as a replacement, unless the font file is provided.
Methods Of Digital File Submission
- USB Flash Drive
- Email artwork to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission Tips | Don't forget!
- Include a .jpg or .pdf for reference
- Convert all fonts to paths (outlines)
- Include or embed all placed images (ex. .tiff files)
- Submit artwork at actual size
- Never flatten/ merge layers of a .psd
Requirements By Method
- SCREEN PRINTING - All jobs require Vector artwork. Raster artwork is acceptable. If only Raster artwork is available, a high resolution image is required for optimum results.
- Raster artwork is only acceptable for photographs or other designs to be printed using 4 color process (CMYK).
- Raster artwork should be at least 300 dpi at 100% (Full print size).
- Simply raising the dpi of a lower resolution graphic will not improve the quality
- MOST graphics copied from web pages are not of acceptable resolution and may be copyrighted
- EMBROIDERY - Vector artwork is preferred. Raster artwork is acceptable. If only Raster artwork is available, a high resolution image is required for optimum results.
Still have questions?
Still have questions? No problem, give us a call, send us an email, or stop in and see us!